Sunday 25 March 2012

vampire

I escaped from my mother long enough to venture to a forest near my previous home on the other side of town. I found the ring of toadstools in the backyard that I had dreamed of.

"Felicia."

The voice again. I held my head in my hands and groaned, and when I lifted them away, the backdoor to my old house was gone. The windows, too - the entire house was featureless. Assuming that I was hallucinating from hunger or fatigue, I shook my head and went out into the street. I'd buy myself a soda or sneak a nap. But, to my growing horror, none of the buildings had any entrances, and the streets were eerily quiet.

"You just have to ask."

I looked back to my old home, and my shadow looked back to me.

"please, may i come in?"

But the entrances remained barred. My shadow vanished around the edge of the building and, lost for words, I followed. And there stood in the middle of the fairy ring an ornate wooden door.

No comments:

Post a Comment