Sunday 25 March 2012

it's finished

dance
no


I screamed as they twisted around me, searing my skin with their shaking forms as they roughly pulled my limbs this way and that. I fainted as I felt my mind sear with pain and my skull ache with pressure, as if my brain was bubbling out of my ears - and then I woke up on the stage, and stood.

I was in a huge open-sky stadium, and twisted skyscrapers rose above that broke through the black sky and created impossible shapes. I averted my eyes, for it would have pained them to look any closer. I looked back down, and saw an audience full of people. Dark things of all shapes and sizes, some of them ashen humans and some of them shadows on the wall. They all looked at me expectantly.

It was then I realized that no matter what I did, I was going to end up on a stage, dancing until I died. I felt an intense pain in my legs, and looked down to see dark shapes cutting through them like needles. I got the message, and started to move.

And I danced until I felt myself sinking into the ground beneath my feet, and I looked up to see my shadow there, standing tall.

and i'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment